Saturday, September 30, 2006

Cookies and Poison


I had an unusual experience at the library. If you really want to get some interesting looks, check out all the poison books and the cookie recipe books. When I did this the clerk looked at the books, looked at me, and then looked at my husband, James. I just smiled.

The research books were actually for two different books. My third bake-off mystery is set during Christmas with a cookie exchange. While I have some recipes already, I would like to have an interesting recipe for every cookie in the exchange. The best way to spur ideas is to look at what has already been done and think of ways it can be done differently.

The poison books were for a proposal that I sent my agent with hopes of starting a new series. I never talk about proposals until they have sold, so here’s hoping I’ll have some more details about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment