Thursday, December 14, 2006

Tool Heaven

Recently we took half a day off from the writing to do some house repairs. Our back door now closes without violently throwing your body against the door. We ended up having to cut off some of the bottom of the door and attach it to the top. Worked like a charm with a few more adjustments. I've managed to acquire a few nice tools and it sure makes a difference. On this job alone I used my big miter saw, my circular saw, my 18 volt screw gun, and my new nail gun. I do love my tools. Of course by the middle of the day I had to put away the tools and work on a copy-edited manuscript. It's an interesting life.

2 comments:

  1. I hate doing housework and repairs so I read instead. Finished A PEACH OF A MURDER last night and really enjoyed it. I grew up in a small Texas town (population 5,000 from 1962 to 1967 - last I checked around 1999 it was still 5,000) and it seems they are all the same. Looking forward to the enxt book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words about A PEACH OF A MURDER. James and I both grew up in a small Texas town, but it's not so small now. It has a Super Wal-Mart, a golf course and a hotel now.

    I'm not all that fond of making repairs, myself. I just like the results. Now building something new is totally different. If I had the money and time, I'd start over and just build a new house.

    ReplyDelete