Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sure, I Can Do That

Last week was an interesting week. My agent emailed that she was going to be out of the office for health reasons for a while. I promptly emailed back and said that we were fine and had plenty of work to keep us busy and wished her a speedy recovery.

The next day we hit the area libraries and bookstores for research books. While out we went into a Waldenbooks and discovered that the second Fresh-Baked novel, MURDER BY THE SLICE, was out. It’s always a special treat to see your book for the first time. It’s always a little amazing to see your name on a book, even after all these years. To see the finished product of baking mishaps, tons of dirty dishes coming up with just the right recipes, and a lot of hours at the computer. I explained to the man working the cash register that I was the author and asked if he would like me to sign them. He was pleased to have the signed books and was going to put them on an end shelf where they would be better displayed.

The answering machine was blinking as we walked into the house. The agent had called with the news that Signet wanted a fourth Fresh-Baked novel. She asked if I would have time to fit it into the schedule sooner rather than later. So of course I said, “Sure I can do that.” That’s been James’ and my mantra these days. Between family and work we have a very busy life, but we can always buckle down a little harder and do a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment