Saturday, April 04, 2009

Sweet Potato Buttermilk Pie

I felt lousy today and work wasn’t going well. That seems to be happening more often lately. I decided to bake a pie. My next baking book is set during Thanksgiving, so I need something that says Thanksgiving. I thought about pumpkin, but I’m a little tired of pumpkin as a holiday pie, to tell you the truth. I remembered how much my mother-in-law liked sweet potato pie, so I decided to try that with a twist. I wanted to mix the sweet potato pie with a buttermilk pie and add a pecan topping. It kept me busy this afternoon and I didn’t feel like I was just wasting the day, since technically coming up with these recipes is work. It just came out of the oven and I thought it looked pretty good. Of course the true test will be the taste.

3 comments:

  1. I am sure it will taste great. Thanksgiving is so long away. I guess I will have to wait for the book

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book won't be out until autumn 2010. As for the pie, the only good thing about it was the crust and topping. It was the worse pie I've ever tasted. Back to the drawing board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not until 2010? Oh well..., in the meantime I will have to go back and read the first two books in your series.

    ReplyDelete